Thursday 9 April 2015

There is no other. There is only us.



21 years ago, more than one million Rwandans were killed in the Genocide against the Tutsi. This week, the country began 100 days of mourning.

I watched a man who led the fight to stop the genocide comfort a nation with his words. I watched a survivor who lost his family stand tall and proud in front of his country's leaders. And I held the hand of a friend as they cried for their loved ones. As the rain poured down, I saw once again the incredible strength of the survivors of the genocide.

Genocide might seem abstract, but we all have the responsibility to stand against discrimination and injustice, wherever we find it. There is no other. There is only us.

‪#‎Kwibuka21‬ - Remember, Unite, Renew.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing useful information for us.I really enjoyed reading your blog, you have lots of great content.Please visit here: hotel booking accra

    ReplyDelete